The Ruggist and/or Michael A.C. Christie provide rug industry specific consulting services to various entities, focusing on merchandizing, marketing, product and business development, and writing on a contract and project specific basis. If you’re looking for rug industry specific consulting work and don’t mind an opinionated person, feel free to contact us.
‘For the love of Carpets!’ replaced the now former tagline ‘The most opinionated and up to the moment, irreverent commentary, news, and ephemera (with occasional levity) on the world of rugs.’ in May of 2017 as a reflection of the evolved – more professional – state of The Ruggist. The latter listed tagline was not intended and shall not be construed to be literally literal in nature, but still accurately reflects the tone of my writing. Like much of The Ruggist, the content is self referential in its irreverence and is intended to provide you, our dear reader, with opinionated and editorial insight into the rug and carpet industry, while keeping the mood relatively light, unless otherwise warranted.
The Ruggist originally began on a lark in the Summer of 2008 to busy otherwise idle hands and disseminate the opinions of Michael A.C. Christie in a soapboxeque format. In 2015 The Ruggist transitioned from a priority hobby (remember: low is a priority) to a more structured format additionally incorporating relevant, news, editorial, and op-ed features. In April of 2016 we entered the 21st Century with a fully up-to-date aesthetic. Thusly remade, The Ruggist is the premier source for all the news, opinion, ephemera, irreverent commentary, and related to the ‘The World of Rugs’. The Ruggist operates on a variable publishing schedule as content worthy of note becomes available.
We use this data for marketing purposes, and may share anonymized metadata with our advertisers, potential or otherwise. Exemplum gratia: How long visitors to The Ruggist stay on a page. This allows our advertisers to gauge the efficacy of their paid or in kind advertisements, so they too may contribute – through their advertising dollars – to the operation of The Ruggist.
If you do not agree to this, you should leave The Ruggist immediately and not return.
Copyright 2008-2017 – The Ruggist and/or Michael A.C. Christie – All Rights Reserved.
This website is solely the work of Michael A.C. Christie unless explicitly noted to the contrary, and reflects his own opinions and work. Furthermore, it has not been reviewed by, nor endorsed by, any past or current employer or client.
All of the original work contained on this website is protected under Canadian Copyright Laws, as well as by International Copyright Conventions. No content, in whole or in part, may be reproduced or redistributed without the express written consent of the owner and the individual Author. Certain copyright protected content, namely, but not limited to, images and photographs may be used by The Ruggist with or without permission (under “fair use” exceptions) of the copyright owner as circumstances warrant. Any and all photographs and illustrations shall not be used without permission, except as noted herein. Contact The Ruggist to obtain permission.
Under the doctrine of fair use however, limited copying of content is permitted without prior approval for purposes of teaching, research, critique, and parody. In such cases, The Ruggist requests the courtesy of a citation.
It’s rather informal around here, but please be advised of the following, just like Rufus Wainwright sings: These are just the rules and regulations. Please observe the following when visiting or posting comments to The Ruggist. This page was last changed on: 17 May 2017
The rules and regulations of The Ruggist are not subject to debate, nor are they necessarily fair and equitable, nor is this list complete or fully inclusive. The rules, as detailed herein, serve only as a rough guide, with The Ruggist reserving the right to enact change (at his sole discretion) with or without notice, whether or not said change is apparent to you, our dear reader.
- You may post comments but they shall not be anonymous. All comments are moderated to ensure they conform to the arbitrary and unpublished standards of The Ruggist. Comments may or may not be published, though they may be integrated into future publish work of The Ruggist, with or without attributed credit. By submitting comments you agree to these terms and waive both copyright and claim of copyright, as well as any moral rights for your submissions.
- No hate speech of any kind toward anyone group or class of citizenry for any reason will be accepted or tolerated, and will be reported to the proper authorities if warranted.
- Minimize the use of profanity and curse words, though perfectly acceptable when deemed appropriate.
- If you permalink to The Ruggist, please credit appropriately in your hyperlink as: The Ruggist.
As a reader and consumer of The Ruggist, you should be made aware that The Ruggist either as its own entity or in conjunction with its Editor and Publisher Michael A.C. Christie both jointly and potentially severally may engage in activities that could give rise to conflicts of interest, real, potential, perceived or otherwise. When such situations occur, and in the interest of journalistic integrity and transparency, The Ruggist will specifically note such a conflict exists, either by explicate statement in the feature article, or as a blanket statement in this section of The Ruggist particularly when such conflicts are of a standing nature. Furthermore, the nature of the conflict will be detailed as to provide you, our dear reader, with a full scope of the situation.
As of 17 May 2017 The Ruggist and/or Michael A.C. Christie currently accepts paid consulting and/or writing work from:
- Rug Insider and ruginsider.com | Regular contributor, social media management.
- Label STEP | Copy writing/revision, social media management, and newsletters.
- Yerra Rugs | Newsletter copy writing.
- Paid speaking engagements presenting: ‘For the love of Carpets!’
Furthermore, The Ruggist provides in-kind advertising and promotional support to:
- GoodWeave International | Complimentary advertisement.
Prior to May of 2017 The Ruggist and/or Michael A.C. Christie formerly accepted paid consulting and/or writing work from:
- Robin Gray Design | Business development consulting.
- Interior Resources | Business development consulting.
- Amy Helfand | Business development consulting.
- GoodWeave International | Business development consulting.
- COVER | Irregular contributor.
- HALI | Irregular contributor.
Finally, my former enterprise ‘Red Spruce’ – which produced high-quality Canadian made woollen hooked rugs and attempted Indian made versions thereof – was not a commercial success. While it enjoyed a degree of critical acclaim, the business failed. I owe debts (of gratitude) to those who worked with and supported me on that endeavour and as a matter of etiquette do not speak or write disparagingly of them.